VF Corporation Vans Creative Services Project Manager in Costa Mesa, California
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Creative Project Manager: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Here at Vans, we nurture creative thinkers who never cease to dream the unimaginable. We reward those that break out of society’s views on what is possible and impossible and chase their vision without any hesitation. For you to believe in this very dream would mean being a perfect fit in our company. You will be leading both global and regional client engagement throughout the creative development process. This role requires an understanding of the Vans brand and an ability to manage high levels of project complexity. You must always push norms in order to tap into the imagination found in all aspects of our creative team. We are a company that will provide you with endless opportunities to explore potential and thrive based on what you learn here. Your position grants you the perfect opportunity to embrace the company’s culture and showcase it all for the world to see.
How You Will Move the Needle:
· Work closely with the Global and Regional Marketing teams and serves as their main point of contact as the liaison with the art department.
· Receive, distill and rewrite marketing briefs so that a clear understanding across the client and art department is reached prior to creative work inception.
· Build and manage project plans that enable creative development and delivery while concurrently partnering with the client to provide transparency of where work is in the process.
· Document project process, including utilizing email for global status updates, scheduling and running meetings and utilizing internal tools for work tracking to keep your projects on track.
· Manage the coordination and assignment of resources to creative projects, accounting for client demands and creative skill sets.
· Coordinate internal synchs and reviews as required to ensure that creative work delivers to the client needs as stated in the brief.
· Utilize internal tools—from workflow tracking to time tracking (as required) to asset management—to ensure that working with the art department is clear and easy.
Desired Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5+
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Bachelors’ degree or equivalent years of related experience: 3+ years with a clear track record of increasing responsibility
· Experience working in creative environments, including either in-house or external agency experience required.
· Ability to work independently and acquire new knowledge as necessary for tasks or projects
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communication with employees and clients
· Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office programs
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
· Strong written and verbal creative skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Detail oriented and able to multitask
· Analytical skills
· Strong organizational skills
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
· Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 50lbs, depending on need
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.