VF Corporation Vans North America Marketing Operations & Analytics Coordinator in Costa Mesa, California
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
NORA Coordinator Operations and Analytics: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As Marketing Coordinator of Operations and Analytics in North America, you will be responsible for managing the North American marketing organization against the Go To Market process. You will partner with all functional teams in the US (retail, wholesale, media/advertising, social, events) and also with the Canadian and Mexican marketing teams to ensure cohesive plans and ideas are brought to market. You will utilize your analytical skills by reporting on Marketing ROI (mROI) and Consumer Insights inputs, and your efforts will directly influence NORA Marketing initiatives. Your keen knowledge of creative and marketing functions will enable you to plot these activities against a calendar with sufficient time to achieve the desired output.
Your strong eye and attention to detail will be imperative when identifying topics before they become issues. As the Marketing Coordinator, your sense of self-motivation will allow you to handle a number of different projects at the same time and your ability to prioritize projects in an always-on environment will be key. Most importantly, your love for the Vans brand and for building strong partnerships will only further enhance your role on this highly creative, fun loving team.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Drive efficiency by coordinating GTM deliverables for the North American marketing functions:
• Cross functionally between US, Canada, Mexico
• Within US functional verticals (retail, wholesale, media/advertising, social, events)
• Support US team by helping with the marketing budget planning, as well as managing the reporting and commitments
• Partner with cross functional team to collate all functional and regional reporting for regional roll-up
• Be the region’s Marketing Creative conduit to ensure calendar and deliverable alignment, and that regionally specific creative (retail, wholesale, digital, etc.) is briefed and delivered on time.
• Ensure feedback loops and communication with all invested members of the regional business are clear, concise and professional.
• Support the Senior Director, NORA Marketing by assisting in regional administratvie marketing needs as required
Skills for Success:
Years of related professional experience: 3-5 years
Educational / Position Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Experience working in an agency, or in the action sports/youth culture industry
Sharp attention to detail and organization skills
Self-motivated & highly focused
Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and working under pressure
· Proven track record to effectively manage multiple projects at a time, and prioritize workload
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to senior management.
· Knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing marketing and communications in action sports and youth-marketing industry
· A commitment to understanding consumer targets to ensure world class, relevant work that connects
· Ability to create alternative approaches that increase the company’s ROI
· Highly skilled in building strategic partnerships and collaborating effectively across disciplines, teams, regions
· Passion for the Vans brand
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.