VF Corporation VF Outlet FT Assistant Store Manager (Crossville Outlet Center 012, Crossville, TN) in Crossville, Tennessee
The Assistant Store Manager provides leadership and direction to the store staff and successfully executes company strategies under the direction of the Store Manager. The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Store Manager are to assist in maintaining optimal staffing levels, recruiting, hiring, educating, and motivating a team of brand advocates who in turn inspire the customer. They are responsible for setting the example for customer engagement and selling for their team. They are responsible for maximizing store profitability by assisting in controlling expenses, protecting company assets, and by ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, operations, sustainability, and community participation are consistent and well executed.
Enforces company policy and procedure and establishes control-related standards and procedures.
· Sales and Profitability: Maximizes store sales and achieves store sales goals. Measures and monitors sales progress and results against key targets. Leads an environment of productivity by ensuring store staff has the knowledge and skills to meet store goals for sales and customer engagement. Assists in managing labor and payroll expenses to maximize sales and profitability.
· Brand Experience/Customer Service: Ensures excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly. Ensures that store team is engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience. Leads and inspires customer-centric culture by recognizing and rewarding teams’ successes in partnership with the Store Manager. Assists the Store Manager in ensuring that store team is an active brand ambassador within the community through proactively seeking opportunities to engage with the customers and support or participate in community initiatives outside the four walls of the store. Supports store marketing events and grows relationships in the community to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.
· Training and Coaching Team: Provides coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer service and engagement, brand identity, product knowledge, and operations. Monitors, evaluates, and executes training programs in partnership with the Store Manager. Assists in organizing and leading store staff meetings in accordance with brand expectations. Ensures store team receives relevant, timely information, coaching, and feedback that enables their success and growth. Partners with Store Manager to assist in setting performance goals for team for their personal skills development.
· Operations: Ensures that all company and store policies and procedures are followed and that the store meets all store audit requirements. Assists in creating and managing store schedules to ensure they support the needs of the business within the allotted labor allowance.
· Visual Merchandising: Ensures the visual merchandising standards for the store are met. Implements floor-sets and merchandising directives in partnership with the Store Manager. Communicates with Store Manager regarding merchandise assortment, trends, and needs. Responsible for ensuring that the store’s inventory integrity is maintained through proper shipping and receiving procedures and by communicating concerns directly to the Store Manager as needed.
· Human Resource Management: Assists in attracting, recruiting, and hiring high caliber talent. Actively participates in succession planning with the Store Manager for open positions within the store. Assists in managing and coaching a high-performing team of customer focused associates. Under the direction of the Store Manager, addresses performance issues and administers progressive discipline when appropriate. Ensures on-going specific and immediate feedback are provided to the team. Assists in ensuring compliance with employee record keeping policies and procedures. Maintains the Open Door Policy.
· Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Ensures compliance and adherence to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protects company assets. Ensures compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Partners with Store Manager to identify trends and translate strategies into action to meet district and company shrink goals. Reacts quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with Store Manager, District Manager, and Human Resources immediately.
· Professional Conduct: Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and the brand. Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
· Years of Professional Experience: 2
· One year related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results
· Ability to meet business goals by driving results through store team
· Ability to plan and drive results while balancing shifting priorities
· Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to assist in building, leading, and managing high performing team
· Excellent decision making ability in a fast-paced environment
· Able to meet performance expectations
· Detail orientated and excellent organization skills
· Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
· Proven ability in leading the delivery of a high level of customer service in a retail environment
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
· Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, phones, fax, copier, etc.)
· Standing required for entire work shift
· Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
· Travel (less than 10% of time)
· Coaching and Developing Others
· Customer Focus
· Building Trust
· Driving for Results
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.