VF Corporation The North Face FT Assistant Store Manager(Orlando Premium Outlets Vineland Ave 85 Orlando, FL) in Orlando, Florida
VF Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Store Manager is to educate and motivate a team of brand advocates who in turn inspire a global movement of outdoor exploration. By taking an active leadership role for the team on the sales floor, the Assistant Manager partners with the Store Manager to maximize profitability by ensuring that customer care, merchandising, operations, sustainability and outdoor participation direction is consistent and in compliance with company standards. This position is also responsible for establishing control-related standards and procedures. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Assistant Store Manager Key Responsibilities
· Customer Care and Sales Supervision: coaches and develops staff to exceed individuals and store productivity goals; coaches and develops staff to provide exceptional customer service by building a loyal customer base, understanding customer needs and educating customers on the benefits of TNF products; acts as a Manager-On-Duty and supervises floor coverage and activities, including opening and closing store as scheduled; achieves individual productivity goals.
· Merchandising Supervision: partners with the Store Manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintains standards consistent with company brand strategies; communicates with Store Manager and/or directly to TNF corporate partners regarding merchandising assortment, trends, and needs; ensures merchandise on selling floor is replenished appropriately.
· Training and Coaching: partners with Store Manager to supervise and conduct staff training; ensures that the Selling Supervisor is adequately educated to facilitate training activities for staff; reports training progress to the Store Manager and maintains staff training records; supervises stock room operations and ensures shipping and receiving standards and inventory integrity are maintained.
· Operations Management and HR Management: supports the Store Manager in achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, Loss Prevention, store audits, and weekly reports; assists in the creation and maintenance of positive employee relations through building, developing, and leading a quality store team; partners with the Store Manager to ensure on- going specific and immediate coaching and feedback are provided to the staff; monitor and maintain compliance of all company policies and procedures and communicate/educate all staff members; assists Store Manager in the selection and hiring of qualified candidates.
· Years of Related Professional Experience: 3 or more.
· Bachelor's degree or comparable combination of relevant education and experience. Three years of related experience in a specialty retail environment, outdoor apparel industry or experience with outdoor equipment sales.
· Ability to train and delegate effectively.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Detail oriented.
· Excellent organizational skills. Proficiency with Word and Excel.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance.
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.