VF Corporation Vans Distribution Center- Processing Supervisor 2nd Shift (Sunday-Thursday) in Santa Fe Springs DC, California
Processing Supervisor – 2nd Shift, North America: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
This position is responsible for the supervision on a shift basis of the accurate and timely operation of replenishment, picking, trouble resolution and Value Added Services (VAS). Establish control-related standards and procedures.
· Ensures fiscal responsibility targets are met including; budgets and forecasts, cost control and reporting as it relates to labor planning and supplies.
· Assumes responsibility of product from replenishment on a wave by wave basis through fast pick/shelf picking, trouble resolution and VAS.
· Ensures staffing levels are appropriate for all aspects of the daily/monthly workflow.
· Sets clear and measurable goals for all associates on a daily/monthly/yearly basis.
· Provides supervisory leadership to area associates to ensure outstanding service to internal and external customers
· Establishes workload priorities and provides clear daily objectives for the area under supervision.
· Creates, generates and analyzes DC/LM reports to ensure throughput goals are being met.
· Ensure full compliance with VF policies and procedures.
· Ensures the DC is ‘tour ready’ at all times.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+
· A bachelor degree and 2 years plus of equivalent warehouse experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Ability to lead coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve goals.
· Proficient in core computer skills (Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes).
· Ability to balance and prioritize competing demands.
· Ability to interact with all levels of management with confidence and respect.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience and proficiency with WMS (PkMS) or other comparable WMS, RF and MHE technologies.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (Bi-lingual - Spanish preferred)
· Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including weekends as necessary.
· Bend lift, open, and move product from 1 to 50lbs.
· Warehouse environment: Must be physically capable of working in conditions normally associated with a merchandise warehouse or distribution center, such as, but not limited to, warm and cold temperatures, seeing and hearing moving equipment to stay out of harms way, and continuous power equipment noise.
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.